- For better results, patients are to avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, tanning creams and sunless tanning lotions for one week prior to treatment and throughout the course of their laser treatment.
- A broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen SPF30 or greater should be applied to the area(s) to be treated whenever exposed to the sun.
- Skin should be void of make-up, creams and lotions prior to treatment. Clean skin with 70% alcohol prior to treatment.
- Prior to receiving laser treatment, patients with a history of herpes or cold sores should receive appropriate treatment.
- For Laser Hair Removal all methods of hair removal such as waxing tweezing and electrolysis must stop 3-4 weeks prior to your laser treatment. The area to be treated may be shaven.
- For Vein Treatments do not take aspirin or any blood thinner for at least 1 week prior. Do not discontinue any medications with prior consents from your doctor.
- Apply lotion to the area to prevent drying and crusting. Lotion applied following the laser treatment can have a soothing effect. If a crust develops, allow it to fall off naturally. Do not scratch or pick.
- Avoid hot baths/whirlpools for 1 week following treatment. Do not shave for 1 to 3 days if blistering and/or crusting occur.
- Avoid exposure to the sun. Apply sunscreen with a SPF 30 or greater to the area whenever exposure to the sun in unavoidable.
- Avoid exercises that can cause vasodilatation for on week post treatment. Walking is encouraged.
- If makeup is allowed, apply and remove it delicately. Excess rubbing can open the area and increase the chance of scarring.
- Discomfort, such as swelling or redness (lasting from a few hours to a couple of days), can be relieved with acetaminophen or ice packs.
- Please contact the office immediately if the treated area becomes tender or shows signs of infection (pus).
Follow-up treatments are scheduled at least in 3-4 week intervals.
All Care Laser Center Copyright 2017
820A Turnpike Street
North Andover, MA 01845
Phone: 978 208 0284
Fax: 978 208 7004